- Write one letter to a person in your community who has made a difference.Look to your local paper for inspiration. (Acknowledge their contribution and invite them for a cup of coffee.)
- Write a “Thank-you” note to one of your treasured clients–a sincere one.
- Write the opening paragraph for the article you have always thought about writing. Think about a catchy title. For example: “10 Sales Lessons I Learned From Watching The Movie Shrek.”
- Catch an employee doing something good this week and applaud them. It doesn’t need to be your employee!
- Pick one file from a bulging cabinet and clean it out.
- Pick up a sales related book and read a single chapter. (One chapter) Highlight a single point that catches your imagination.
You probably have never focused on it, but from time to time you enter a frame-of-mind that is conducive for the “blahs.” A slight depression can easily enter your life. I didn’t make this up. It happens to all of us. It may be a “star alignment thing” or just a “weather” thing. But it is for real. If it does happen, don’t panic. There is no better way to fight negative thoughts than with positive “action.” (See my 6 points above) If you don’t like these suggestions, fill in a few of your own. The key is forward moving ”activity.”Your next good client is out there wondering where the heck you are hiding. Go find them. Go meet them. Go help them. It is time that you make a difference. What are you waiting for?