What does being “happy” have to do with marketing? Just about everything.
I have often suggested during seminars that in a country that has so much and filled with people who have lots to offer, there is an over abundance of unhappy people.
Allow me to quote:
“Take a hard look at yourself.
Are you a willing victim?
Do you take the line of least resistance?
Then blame others, or circumstances, or fate?
It’s a matter of pride and self-respect,
and the respect of others.
Stand up for yourself, for your rights, for your beliefs.
Others will appreciate your efforts.
And surprisingly, many will help you.”
Look, this is a tough, competitive, non-forgiving game we play from week to week. Making a living is no longer “a walk in the park.” But, that does not mean we can’t enjoy the ride.
I want you to get up, get out and “do your thing.” And, if at all possible, manage to enjoy the adventure from Monday to Friday.
Itineraries, weather, second guessing, price checks, call backs, misinterpretations, and everything else that fits into one of your normal days will test your patience. Hang in there. You are still working in the absolute best industry out there.
- Don’t seek the easy way through the week. Accept the challenges.
- Don’t blame, excuse or whine. Take responsibility.
- Don’t circumvent strangers or strange opportunities. Make new acquaintances.
- Don’t settle for being anyone but yourself. Be proud of yourself.
- Play the business game hard, smart and daily.
- And find the joy in the hunt whether you win or lose.