How To Grow Your Travel Business By Design
Bookmark this site and stop by regularly for a dose of motivation while you embellish your selling skills.
Selling Tips & Reminders
Return to this site often. New and meaningful sales and marketing materials and information will be added regularly to help you become more successful.
As you move forward in your business you will come in contact with just two types of people: Those you can help … and the other kind. Spend the majority of your waking hours looking for type “A.” Allow the others to eliminate themselves from your business world. This site will help you stay focused.
AmaWaterways cares about your success. This is “your” site. Take your time. Browse around. Learn. Laugh. Enjoy.
Below you will find categories for articles, videos, sales tips, webinars and client interviews. Don’t allow yourself to become overwhelmed. One click at a time, listen, watch, internalize the information and implement what you personally connect with. Stimulating and thought-provoking information will be here waiting for you each time you return.
“Chance Favors The Prepared Mind” … Louis Pasteur
Short, on-target reminders to help you become exceptional at what you do. Keep checking back. This list will continue to grow.
- Marketing Works… If You Do
- Elephants Don’t Bite: The Devil Is In The Details
- The Travel Institute Friday Five (River Cruising)
- Five Home-Based Mistakes NEW
- Sales Mistake #1: Trying To Up-Sell
- Sales Mistake #2: Not being obsessed with helping people
- Sales Mistake #3: Not listening to the prospect …is a mistake
- Sales Mistake #4: Not empathizing with the prospect
- Sales Mistake #5: Seeing the prospect as an adversary
- Sales Mistake #6: Becoming distracted
- Sales Mistake #7: Not taking detailed notes
- Sales Mistake #8: Failing to follow through
- Sales Mistake #9: Focus
- Sales Mistake #10: Not planning the day efficiently
Effective and appreciated sales expertise does not come by accident. Stop by this section often to enhance your personal professionalism while learning from Mike’s 25 plus years in the business.
- Sales Tip: Proper Eye Contact Infers Confidence
- Repetition Works. Just Don’t Become Obnoxious
- Speed Wins
- Selling Tip Postcards
TRAVEL REARCH ONLINE
3rd THURSDAY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- January: The Wealthy Travel Agent with Guest Dan Chappelle
- February: Putting The Fun Back Into Sales With Scott Koepf
- Selling To Groups With Stuart Cohen
- Talking River Cruising With Ralph Grizzle
- Social Media With Catherine Heeg
- More Sales In Less Time With Jill Konrath
Business basics will be shared here in a light and entertaining fashion.
- Speed Wins: Be The First To Respond When You Can
- Selling Skills Workshop: Session 1 – Target Marketing
- Follow Up & Follow Through
- Shoppers Are Good Things
- Eye Contact
- Motivation (NEW)
- Twenty Audio Lessons. Easy To Listen To … Easy To Internalize
- Facts & Rules
- How Do You Feel About Your Progress Right Now?
- The Absolute Necessity of Making a Difference
- Email Mechanics: The All-Important Subject Line
- It Is Easy. All You Have To Do Is To Work Half 1/2 a Day
- Your Hobby? Or a Business?
Client interviews will be placed here for you to use as testimonials which will help sell your next river cruise. These audio links will be unedited and will share true experiences and memories with your prospects. The first interview recorded my personal feelings after my first river cruise.
- The Stuart Cohen Radio Show With Kristin Karst
- Fresh off a Danube Cruise, Mike interviews another happy River Cruiser.
Instructional “How-To” Webinars will be positioned here for your review. In most cases, these will be recorded PowerPoint Presentations coupled with an audio sound track.
1-MINUTE RIVER KNOWLEDGE
You can’t know too much about your subject matter. This section was designed to share interesting and important information as it pertains to each individual river. Small bites of information in an easy-to-remember writing style. This information will be added regularly. Stay tuned. Danube Mosel (NEW) Rhone (NEW) Rhine (NEW) Seine Douro Maine
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER – MIKE MARCHEV
Mike has been actively involved in the travel industry since 1984. This means he knows a lot about travel, or maybe just that he is very old. You be the judge.
Do you really care about his accomplishments, where he has been, who he knows, and how high he can jump? I didn’t think so. What you do care about, and what you should be caring about is you, and how you can become more successful at what you do. That is where Mike enters the picture. Make no mistake about it, this web site is all about you.
Mike has a unique and refreshing way of delivering useful information in a way that is easy to listen to, easy to understand, easy to connect with and easy to implement. He has made it a point over the last 30-years to tell travel professionals what they “need” to hear, and not just wha they “want” to hear. So if you are up to the task, start browsing around this AmaWaterways-supported website and begin enjoying your career once again.