While re-grouting my bathroom tile of all things, this question popped into my mind”
“When was the last time I actually had FUN?”
It seems the older we get the less time we spend having fun. Chores… work … obligations … duties … sleeping and eating fill up most of our days. The days turn into weeks and on it goes. The wheel goes ‘round.
FUN! What an old fashion concept.
I liked having fun. Maybe we should adopt a new mantra.
FUN IS US!
Here are a few ways to introduce some fun back into your lives:
- Meet a new person and “get into” their story.
- Lose the deadbeats in your life.
- Close a new piece of business. (Making money can be loads of fun!)
- Call up an old client simply to say hello.
- Write a ”Who gives a damn?” letter just to see what comes of it.
- Make an attempt to meet your role model.
- Pick a role model, then go back and read #6.
- Surprise somebody (anybody) by writing a “thank you” note for a service you are still enjoying today, but was rendered some time ago.
- Dig in and finish the day’s work by 4pm. Then go out and take a Power Walk.
- Be nice to yourself – you may even grow to like this one.
- Shed three extra pounds in the next month. (This isn’t fun at the moment but may prove to be the most fun of all in the years to come.)
- Learn to enjoy the process of doing business.
We are all going through difficult times. Lighten up. Learn to enjoy the hunt.
Quite honestly, in our over-communicated busy world I am writing this message expecting that very few people are ever going to get around to reading it. I realize it is easier to feel sorry for yourself, and continue to bum yourself out.
For me? I am going to finish up the grouting and make sure I have more fun in the 25 or so years I have left on my dance card. I challenge you to do the same.
No truer six words have ever been printed: