In my many years in business, if nothing else, I have learned three things:
(1) That time actually does fly
(2) That the older I get the better I was, and
(3) The best time to grow a tree was twenty years ago.
I know I must have learned more this past year, but these three points are pretty significant if you stop to think about them.
If I am going to accomplish much more I had better hurry up. Time waits for no one. Yesterday is gone and the future is all we have. And, “what am I waiting for?”
But enough about me. Let’s talk about you.
- Are you any different today than you were a year ago?
- Are you proud of yourself … and your accomplishments?
- Do you feel that you can learn more, be more and do more in the next 12 months?
- Are more people today pleased that you have entered their world?
- Are you having fun and are you planning to have more fun in 2008?
- Are you one of the good guys?
There is an old saying that states that you will remain the same person as you are today if not for the books you read and the people you hang out with.
- Who are you planning to hang out with?
- What books are on your reading list?
I would like to reiterate one key message. The best time to grow a tree may have been twenty years ago, but the best time to grow your business is TODAY.